- Writing For A Website
Individuals often misunderstand how important the written part of a website is. Writing is a very powerful marketing tool and the more a writer knows how it works the more effective the writing can be. One of the first rules in marketing is knowing your target market, your audience or your ideal client. This is true of a website as well as any marketing campaign. Even though the website is accessible from anywhere in the world, it is about talking to your target audience.
Another rule to consider is that your website needs to talk to the search engines. This takes a keyword strategy that needs to be worked into the content. Choosing the right keywords is important not just for ranking, but also for grabbing the attention of your ideal client. There are websites that rank very highly by using certain keywords, but often those keywords are not what peaks a clients interest. When this happens, the websites rank in the search engine becomes meaningless.
Some business categories have an easier job of choosing the right keywords. Other categories may have more competition on the web and may have a wider selection of descriptive keywords to use in choosing the most effective phrases. For example, if you are a handyman, you could also be a carpenter or do remodeling. Which descriptive word is the one that will bring you the right clients? Real estate agents have more competition and may have to find ways they can specialize, like naming school districts or specific developments or builders.
The last thing a writer needs to consider when writing for a website is that you want the user to return. You want to make the website useful and entertaining, which should prompt the user to bookmark the site for future reference. Getting the user to go past the homepage and use the site is all part of the strategy to make a client out of your user.
- Writing in The Keyword Strategy
When first building a website, many are not concerned about their ranking in the search engines. The main concern tends to be about a presence that gives their company credibility. This is usually the case because there is a common misunderstanding about the connection. I do find, a year or two later, clients wonder why they are not coming up in the search engines. For this reason I insist in taking action from the start. Their indifference to search engines is a good thing in one respect. It takes time to build a rapport with the search engines, and it takes several months to even be found by them. Once the search engines find your website, and if you are set up correctly, your site can start bringing the right traffic.
Deciding your category is important. To help you choose one effectively, take your category and go to a keyword selector to see what words in this category are often searched by users. This google tool https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal is for keywords. This is setup for googles campaign to bid on words, but it is useful for free searches. It gives the number of searches and suggestions of key phrases that were used for the previous month. There are sometimes key phrases that are never keyed in. When this happens, you can be ranked #1 for a search, but if the keyword is never used, what good is such a rank? You want to rank high for the searches that are often keyed in.
This gives you a good start on a strategy you know you must focus on for certain phrases when you design your site. The home page is the most effective place to start. It is the first place the computers search to rank the words on your site. When set up right, it will take them to the rest of your site and help you to do well with the right users.
- 5 Places that Contribute to Your SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
Search engines set the rules for ranking your site and they are subject to change. Below are a few basic things to remember when creating the foundation of your website.
- Title he title is not seen on your site, but is visible on the top bar of the browser and becomes the bookmark text for a web page. Right now, it is the most powerful place to put keywords on your site. After deciding what keywords will work best, from left to right create the keywords and make sure to put your name on the end. Localizing your keywords is important if you only want to do business in a certain area. Since the web can be searched by anyone in the world, the location will most likely be important to you. For example, if you use the term website designer, it can cover a lot of web site designers. If you include the locality, Phoenix, it will more likely give you a chance to rank higher in the search engines.
- Headings Make sure your headings are not images and that they contain your keywords.
- Content It is important to have at least one hundred words on your home page and they need to contain keywords. Do not overdo your keywords, but use them effectively. You can be thrown out of search engines for not using keywords properly..
- Links use your keywords on links especially when navigating through your site.
- Meta tags description meta tag does not contribute to search engine optimization but if it is well written, you are more likely to get a click to your site. It has a special role as it is the text that appears in google, yahoo and other major search engines when this page is found and linked from the search engine.